Florida Paranormal Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida Paranormal Association

The un-official forum of the Florida Paranormal Association (F.P.A).

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New house, old spirit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DaniOcala

New house, old spirit? Empty
PostSubject: New house, old spirit?   New house, old spirit? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:49 pm

OK, so let me see if I can fill you in without making it ridiculously long! bounce

We bought our doublewide mobile home new in '96, and had it moved to our land in Interlachen. Within that first year, strange things started happening. The first thing that comes to mind is my daughter seeing something white just jump over the end of her bed when she was in there. She screamed and was sooo freaked out that she was shaking. I had to make up some ridiculous story about it being a cat that ran into the house. Embarassed I don't know what it was, but I know she saw something. There have also been instances of hearing that same daughter's voice call out for me when she is either asleep in the other room, yet the voice is clear as a bell as if it were right next to me, and sometimes even when she's not with me at all. Once I heard it in the car and it was so real I turned around and said, "what?" and she wasn't there! I knew that, obviously, but that's how real it was.

Thru the years it's been little things here and there, nothing too trippy, til about 3 years ago when we were doing some remodeling. For a week straight, every night, something really weird would happen. We would hear toys start up by themselves in our son's room thru the baby monitors. Toys that were OFF and wouldn't do that any other time of the day. The next night I heard loud knocking on what seemed like my headboard. Scared the crap out of me and I yelled, "come in!" because I thought it was one of the kids at the door. No one was there. The next night we both woke up hearing what sounded like something tearing long sheets of paper under the bed. My husband jumped up and looked and there was nothing there. Then the next night, I was asleep on my stomach, with my head on my right arm that was under my pillow, and my hand was barely hanging over the edge of the top of the mattress. I was dreaming that my 4yr old grabbed my finger and bit me. It felt so real that I jerked my hand back, wide awake now, and was stunned at the pain. I laid there for a few minutes and it still kept throbbing so badly that I finally got up and went to look at it in the bathroom. It was bleeding! There was a little V in the tip if it. I have no earthly explanation for this. We don't have mice or rats or anything. There was nothing sticking out of the mattress (believe me, I checked!). I will never ever forget that or how badly it hurt.

FF to a few months ago, at the same time every day, after we had decided we were moving to Ocala and started packing, we started hearing this loud crash in what used to be my son's room. The first day I was sure something had fallen from the closet or a shelf and went in there...nothing was out of place, on the floor or anywhere else to explain the crash. This happened for like 2-3 more days.

Now we have moved that same home to property in Ocala. (Kind of nomadic, it would seem...LOL...) Nothing had been happening these past few months we've been here, and we ever started a kitchen remodel. I was sure if anything was going to get nutty, it would be at this time. Well we're almost thru with it. The day before yesterday was the loudest day as far as saws and compressors and everything goes.

The night before last, I was startled awake by 3 knocks. I knew the instant i heard it, that it wasn't outside or anything. I kind of dismissed it tho, because it didn't happen again, and went back to sleep. Then I had a horrible nightmare that my daughter had a baby and I was trying to save it from drowning. I woke up the next morning just kind of disturbed by the whole thing.

Last night, I was awakened again by a strange noise. It wasn't a knock, but it was loud and in the room, I knew that much. I laid there, unable to get back to sleep and kept hearing what sounded like my dryer running off and on. You know how buttons and stuff will clink around? Like that. Then a few minutes later, I was online on my cell phone and heard this loud noise right next to me that sounded like a wooden stick on a picket fence. Scared me half to death! I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I turned my phone around to use the light to see what it could be, and again..NOTHING. All that was next to me was my nightstand and a desk. About 5 minutes later, I heard my 7yr old running thru the house. He jumped in my bed and he was freezing. He said the giant noises kept waking him up. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep at all last night!!

And look, I still made this too long, lol. So what do you think? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Paul

PostSubject: Re: New house, old spirit?   New house, old spirit? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Has any paranormal team investigated your house?
Back to top Go down
sfsmith1
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: New house, old spirit?   New house, old spirit? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Certainly sounds like you have activity! It is not unusual for spirits to follow a person upon moving. And as you said, it was quiet for the first few months, it is like it starts all over again... small and you brush it off as nothing and then gradually increasing in activity. We are here and would love to help you if you are still having problems. We don't charge anything and our services are free so please contact us either by email at flaparanorm@yahoo.com or by phone at 352-546-1097
Thanks!
Sue
Back to top Go down
DaniOcala

PostSubject: Re: New house, old spirit?   New house, old spirit? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:44 pm

OK, thanks! I will be in touch. Right now my daughter is in the hospital in Winter Park and things are kind of crazy around here, so it might not be for a few weeks if that's ok. Then again there hasn't been any weirdness lately except for a few really strange, unexplained noises (one was like a really loud "ping" on a glass the other night. LOUD. And weird, lol....so maybe I should wait til another series of events start up?
Back to top Go down
sfsmith1
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: New house, old spirit?   New house, old spirit? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:13 pm

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she recovers soon! Wait a few weeks until things get back to somewhat normal there and if you are still experiencing anything then don't hesitate to contact us. If all is quiet then just leave it alone, best not to stir something up if it has left. Please keep in touch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New house, old spirit?   New house, old spirit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New house, old spirit?
Page 1 of 1